Makes 20 Square Flapjacks
250g (4oz) Unsalted Butter
250g (4oz) Soft Brown Sugar
150g (3oz) Golden Syrup
500g (8oz) Rolled Oats
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 C, 350F, Gas Mark 4
- In a large saucepan melt the butter first, then add the syrup and sugar.
- Once mixed together well, add the rolled oats and stir until there are no visible dry oats.
- Pour into a well- greased 8 or 10 inch tin and smooth the top with a palette knife.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in the tin for five minutes then cut into squares.
- The flapjack will harden when it becomes cool and therefore cool completely before removing from the tin.