Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Ingredients
125g (4oz) Butter or Margarine
50g (2oz) Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
2 Tablespoons Whole Milk (Semi-Skimmed can be used)
2 Tablespoons Drinking Chocolate
1 Tablespoon Cocoa
250g (8oz) Digestive Biscuits
50g (2oz) Raisins (Optional)
125g Plain Chocolate or Milk Chocolate
15g (1/2 oz Butter)
- Grease a 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tin
- Place the butter, sugar, syrup and milk in a saucepan and heat gently (do not boil)
- Add the drinking chocolate, cocoa and half the biscuits and mix well
- Add the rest of the biscuits and raisins if you are using them
- Place all the mixture into the tin and flatten as much as possible, place in the fridge
- Boil some water in a pan and place a bowl over the top.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces, place in the bowl with the butter and melt.
- Pour quickly on top on the biccie cake and place back in the fridge and allow to set.