Recipe makes 12 Cinnapple Muffins
255g (9oz) Plain Flour
½ Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
3 Teaspoons (15ml) Baking Powder
110g (4oz) Soft Brown Sugar
170g (6oz) finely chopped and peeled apple (I use Pink Lady Apples but have used others successfully also)
85g (3oz) Sultanas
85g (3oz) Butter
150ml (5 fl oz) Milk
- Line the muffin tins with muffin cases
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/6, 375-400 F, 190-200C for a conventional oven.
- Sift the following dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir: flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Lightly whisk the egg with a fork in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients, stir in the finely chopped apples, add the milk, sugar and finally butter, stir well.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir together, but do not over stir, just until you cannot see any dry ingredients and finally stir in the sultanas.
- Put the mixture in the Muffin cases filling them to ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Place a metal skewer in the middle of one and if it comes out clean they are baked, if not place back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- These muffins freeze very well. Once cold place in a sealed container and place in freezer, they only take about an hour to defrost.