Chocolate Muffins Ingredients
255g (9oz) Plain Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
½ Teaspoon salt
110g (4 oz) White Granulated Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 Tablespoons Drinking Chocolate Powder
260 ml (9 fl oz) Whole Milk
1 Teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla Essence
85g (3oz) Butter
- Line the muffin tins with muffin cases
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/6, 375-400 F, 190-200C for a conventional oven.
- Sift the following dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir: flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, drinking chocolate and salt.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Lightly whisk the egg with a fork in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients, add the milk, vanilla essence, sugar and finally butter, stir well.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir together, but do not over stir, just until you cannot see any dry ingredients and finally stir in the sultanas.
- Put the mixture in the Muffin cases filling them to ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Place a metal skewer in the middle of one and if it comes out clean they are baked, if not place back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- These muffins freeze very well. Once cold place in a sealed container and place in freezer, they only take about an hour to defrost.