Chocolate Button Muffins
Makes 12 large chocolate button muffins or 18 smaller children’s size muffins
255g (9oz) Plain Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
110g (4 oz) White Granulated Sugar
85g (3oz) Butter
110g (4oz) Cadburys giant chocolate buttons
Makes 12 Large Muffins or 18 Small Muffins
- Line the muffin tins with muffin cases
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/6, 375-400 F, 190-200C for a conventional oven.
- Sift the following dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Lightly whisk the egg with a fork in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients, sugar, butter and, stir well.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir together, but do not over stir, just until you cannot see any dry ingredients.
- Put the mixture in the Muffin cases filling them to ¾ full.
- Place 2-3 buttons into each muffin before baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Place a metal skewer in the middle of one and if it comes out clean they are baked, if not place back in the oven for a few more minutes.
These muffins freeze very well. Once cold, place in a sealed container and place in freezer. They only take about an hour to defrost.